How to Get a Guy to Kiss You?
So how do you get him to kiss you? This is the moment in a relationship where things instantly levels up. It doesn’t matter whether you have been dating him for five minutes or five weeks, waiting for that “important kiss” can be nerve-wrecking. The truth is, it’s just as nerve-wrecking for him as it is for you. When it’s about getting a man to kiss you, regardless of what level you are in your relationship, you need to set the playground in such a way that he knows that he can go for it without the risk of rejection, and here’s how to do that.
- Look at his lips. It’s a very subtle, nonverbal clue that will not go unnoticed. Even if he doesn’t consciously realize it, it’s a signal that he will subconsciously detect. This subconscious clue will send him the hint that you not only like looking at him, but you’d enjoy experiencing them up close and personal.
- Draw attention to your lips. You not only want to let him know that you notice his lips, you also want him to notice your lips as well. A bold lipstick will do the trick, but so will a few cleverly placed body-language cues. One of the way is by, covering your mouth with your hand when he says something “shocking” while laughing. Or, if he asks you a thoughtful question, place your finger to the side of your lips while you “pretend” to think of the answer. While all this is happening, you are also indirectly sending the message that you are ready for “the kiss”.
- Break the touch barrier. This is the infamous technique that works every time. Every time you get a little closer to him and he hasn’t made the move, you start doing it to him yourself.
- Hang around. Men aren’t dumb. They know there is a certain point nearing the end of a date where a “specific action” is expected. If until now he hasn’t made a move, it is either because you haven’t given him enough interest cues, or he simply just isn’t interested. Hang around at the end of the date, and see where it brings you. He knows what you are waiting for to fill up that uncomfortable space. It’s either he goes for it, or he doesn’t.
- Get closer to the distance required to kiss you. You can start with the “hug and hold” technique as advised by Cosmopolitan magazine. This is exactly what it is, and it’s pretty much like the linger move. When you get close enough, it takes the stress off of him if he already has plans to make the move. If you’re on your first date, just say, “I’m a hugger!”, then hug at the end of the date. BUT! Hold for a minute or two, to just look in his eyes, and tell him that you had a great time. He’ll understand what you want.
- Ask him when he’s going to kiss you. If it has already been a few dates, then you know he has something for you, or else he wouldn’t be there with you. If he has yet to make the move, he’s probably just shy. Just straight up ask him, “So, when are you going to kiss me?”. This brings us back to the topic of “confidence, factor men love in women”. It shows him that you are interested, and if he feels the same, he will probably laugh it off with a sense of relief and make his move. However, if he doesn’t, then you know where you stand and you should stop waiting for this guy to take the next step.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to locking lips, he wants to go for it just as much as you want him to, but he’s not going to do it if there is risk of rejection, or shame. You can make his job way easier by setting the right mood that gives him nothing to fear and only green lights to go for it. However, if you have set the tone just right and he still hasn’t done it, it probably means that, unfortunately, he may just not want to. If this is the case, don’t blame the situation on yourself, or you will be the one feeling rejected and ashamed. Know your man, set the cues and mood, and it shouldn’t be a problem to level up your dating life.