How to get a guy to notice you
Do you feel like you are the victim of unwanted love? Does it feel like you’ve tried everything you can to get his attention? Or perhaps, you’ve been married for a while and you feel like your partner’s forgotten just how sexy, awesome and exciting you are? So how to get a guy to notice you? It doesn’t matter what stage of relationship you’re in, even if that stage is simply “want to be in one,” follow these dos and don’ts and get ready to start making his head turn … in the right direction, to YOU!
- DO: This is obvious, but make sure he knows that you like him. Sometimes guys are clueless. But when they know someone has feelings for them, whether it is reciprocated or not, they will notice you more. You don’t have to overdo it and freak him out. A subtle smile, “accidentally” bumping into him at the coffee shop, brushing an invisible piece of lint off of his shoulder will do the trick… All these little nonverbal cues tells him that you are alive and well and want to be noticed.
- DO: Flirt. It is not enough to just let him know you like him—SHOW HIM you mean it. Even if the man you’re interested in isn’t available, a well-placed flirt will still get his attention. Men LOVES women who will go that a bit of extra mile. It eases a little bit of pressure off of them. If he’s not already in your life, a little flirting will go a long way. “Where did you get that gorgeous smile from?” is a great icebreaker because it’ll force him to … smile before he responds. And if he IS already in your life, that don’t mean the flirting has to stop.
- DON’T: Be someone you are not. Be yourself. How many times have you been out at the bar or restaurant and seen the girl who has suddenly taken an interest in darts, even though outside of that atmosphere she wouldn’t even know what dart is? Sounds pathetic, right? Just be yourself, you’re not hiding it as well as you think you are. Yes, he’ll notice you, but he’ll also keep on walking. Men know fake from a mile away.
- DO: Ask him for help on something. This is one of the ancient “secrets” and is considered tried and true because it works. Asking a man to do something manly, like opening a jar for instance, will accomplish two things. One, it make him feel like a man, and two, it makes him notice that you are sharing the same planet. As old-fashioned as it sounds, men love to come to a women’s rescue. After he helps you, don’t forget to flirt.
- DO: Look him in the eye. It’s a nonverbal cue that goes a long way. You probably already know that anyone, man or woman, who makes eye contact with you while having conversations gets a little more trust from you instantly. That’s exactly what’s going to happen when you do it to him! He notices you more. Look him in the eye yes, stare longingly at someone who hasn’t asked you out yet. Say “Thank you!” and meet his eyes, then carry on. Anything longer than a second is just plain creepy.
- DO: Be unpredictable. Send him signals to make him know that you want him (using any combination of the above signals), but leave him craving for more. Don’t use all your arsenal on the first date, or even in the first conversation. If you keep him questioning himself, he will notice you more … and more … and more.
- DO: Dress sexy, but not like you dress that way “for a living.” Sure enough men love it when women wear low-cut blouses and skirts up to there, but mainly only for their fantasy time. They don’t want to take that kind of girl home to mom. He loves it when you show a little skin on occasion, but there’s a difference between sexy elegance and sleazy trash. Walk the line, but don’t cross it, or you’ll be noticed for all of the wrong reasons.
- DON’T be unavailable. There is some misunderstanding in today’s dating life that if you don’t answer the phone when he calls, it sends the message that you “have a life” and “don’t need him.” Face it, if you don’t need him, you wouldn’t want him to notice you more. This tactic and similar ones scream high-maintenance to men and they will very quickly walk the opposite direction. They want someone who is available, and won’t play the hard-to-get game. Men’s get nervous about asking a women out, and the possibility of that happening is directly proportional to his confidence in her. In short, if she’s playing hard to get, he’s less likely to ask her out.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line for those wondering how to get a guy to notice you is to make him play the game by your rules, but slowly. Women often fall into the trap of thinking that only the men side has to do the chasing, and if he’s not chasing her with a sign that says “I like you!” then he’s not interested. Whether you’re single or have been married for 20 years and feel invisible, these tactics will work. If you want him to notice you more, FIRST, start by asking yourself, “What have I done to show him that I notice him?” When you’ve mastered the art of sending subtle signals without going overboard, you can be assured your efforts will not go to waste.